I have this VO binding from java to as3:

------------------------
JAVA / JDK6 - LookupStuff.java

public class LookupStuff {
    private List<ClassA> attributeA;
    private List<ClassA> attributeB;
    private Map<String, List<ClassB>> attribute1;
    private Map<String, List<ClassC>> attribute2;
    private Map<String, List<ClassD>> attribute3;

    ...setter/getters...
}

-------------------------
AS3 - LookupStuff.as

    [RemoteClass(alias="my.java.package.LookupStuff")]
    import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

    [Bindable]
    public class LookupData {
        public var attributeA:ArrayCollection;
        public var attributeB:ArrayCollection;
        public var attribute1:ArrayCollection;
        public var attribute2:ArrayCollection;
        public var attribute3:ArrayCollection;
    }
----------------------------------
        private function myHandler(event:ResultEvent):void {
             var lookup:LookupStuff = event.result as LookupStuff;
             // lookup is null! why???
         }
Im getting null when my actionscript handler (thru RemoteObject / ResultEvent)
finally gets event.result. Anybody knows why? Can a Map<> and List<> interfaces
easily maps to an AS3 ArrayCollection?

I've verified that my java code is returning a good return value (not null).