> Does this imply Shockwave is falling into oblivion?

I doubt it, although I'm not in regular contact with that team any more.
(I used to work on Director for about 10 years before Flex.)

> For the next iteration of AS, please consider enums and typed
collections

The future of EcmaScript is being hashed out by standards committees, in
which Adobe participates. The ES4 spec won't be finished until late this
year at the earliest... too late for Flash Player 10. However, FP10 does
include a typed Vector class. For example, you can declare something to
be Vector.<int>, Vector.<UIComponent>, etc. We'll be making use of this
in new APIs for Flex 4.

Gordon Smith

Adobe Flex SDK Team