On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Paul Whitelock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When a response is received from a web service (for example), when is
> the listener code executed? The beginning of the next frame? I'm
> assuming that currently executing code is not suspended so that an
> asynchronous event can be handled, but I was curious as to exactly
> when asynchronous events are serviced. Thanks.

Currently executing code will never be suspended in a single-threaded
environment, which is what Flash is. The asynchronous events are
handled when your application is idle. Although I don't know how
exactly the Flash Player does this, I imagine that events are pushed
into an event queue from where they are processed one by one. So at
some point, when your network call has returned, its event might go
into the queue and from there it might get dispatched and subsequently
handled by your app.

The frame rate has nothing to do with event processing.