I have a flex application that loads and displays a flash swf. This
flex component is then embedded in a web page using SWFObject 2.0. The
requirement I have is to prevent the up/down/left/right arrow from
being handled by the browser i.e. if the flash content results in a
vertical scrollbar being placed in the browser and the user presses the
up/down/left/right arrow keys when the focus is on the flash content I
want to prevent the browser from scrolling. I've tried to handle this
by attaching a event listener (in javascript) to the document and
returning false – this solution seems to work on Firefox and Safari but
not on IE.

Any suggestion/directions would be a great help.