HI All,

We have a BalzeDS based web app deployed on tomcat working fine when
we use HTTP.

How ever when we try to expose our web app over extranet the swf files
that tries to connect to the Remote Object gets timed out..

Here are the channels that are configured in the services-config.xml

[CODE]
<channels>
        <channel-definition id="my-amf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
            <endpoint
uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-secure-amf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">

            <endpoint
uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfsecure";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
        </channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-polling-amf"
uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfpolling";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
            <properties>
                <polling-enabled>true</polling-enabled>
                <polling-interval-seconds>8</polling-interval-seconds>
            </properties>
        </channel-definition>
        <channel-definition id="my-http"
class="mx.messaging.channels.HTTPChannel">
            <endpoint
uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/http";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.HTTPEndpoint"/>
        </channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-secure-http"
class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureHTTPChannel">

            <endpoint
uri="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/httpsecure";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureHTTPEndpoint"/>
        </channel-definition>
    </channels>
[/CODE]

And the default-channels set in remoting-config.xml and
proxy-config.xml are

[CODE]
   <default-channels>
        <channel ref="my-secure-amf"/>
        <channel ref="my-secure-http"/>
        <channel ref="my-amf"/>
        <channel ref="my-http"/>
    </default-channels>
[/CODE]

First of all do i need to enable the secure-channels ?? As the https
port is not enabled in the tomcat on which this web app is deployed..

How ever there is a proxy in between which rewrites the https requests
as http requests and redirects them to the tomcat..

When i add the secure channels ( amf and http) in my default-channel list
and i have included the trace target in my main mxml File..

It shows that it is pinging the my-secure-amf endpoint and doesn't get
any response..( i get the same when i connect using http i.e, from the
intranet)

Now when i remove the secure channels from my default channel list and
regenerate the .swf files (i have the servlet mapping configured to
regenerate them if they don't exists already..) i can connect to the
web app from intranet which uses my-amf channel.

How ever when i try to connect over https the trace shows it is not
getting any ping response from my-amf channel..

Also when i try the following URLs from my browser i get an Error..

http://localhost:8080/myapp/messagebroker/amfsecure

[ERROR]
flex.messaging.MessageException: No configured channel has an endpoint
path '/messagebroker/amfsecure'.
        flex.messaging.MessageBroker.getEndpoint(MessageBroker.java:318)

flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:329)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
[/ERROR]

I am getting this Error in both intranet (using HTTP) and Extranet
Environments (using Https)

 I have read the blog posts related to this
(http://blog.crankybit.com/flex-remoting-over-ssl/)
 and doing exactly as it is suggested still unable to resolve the
issue..!!

Thanks
Mars