Hi I know abouth the MerApi http://www.merapiproject.net/index.php,
but My use-case is: I'm developing a TV-FlexApplication for a
cutsomer that wants to use a tv remote controller to change the
channels that I'm stremaing form satelitte or cabel. The point of
using Flex/flash is that I have all under my controll (The app) and
the customer will allvays have the last build of the app.

To day flash player have connection to several USB devises, USB
Camare and microphone!! Why not extend this a litle more :)

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Winscot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>