--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Flex is pretty good, but not perfect.  We design for 80% cases and
do
> not always handle the 20% case.  We have code size and developer
> resource restrictions.
>

> The 80% case is that some button should be activated on ENTER pretty
> much no matter what control has focus.  It would seem to me to be a
poor
> UI where ENTER could have more than one meaning.  Once there is a
> defaultButton, focusing any other Button enables ENTER handling on
that
> button.  That's the way it seems to work on Windows as well.  The
> current button that will be activated on ENTER is given special
> highlighting so it will hopefully be apparent to the user what ENTER
> will do.
>

> I would recommend you choose one button that is the default for
ENTER.

Let's presume for the sake of argument that I have written something
similar to a TabButtonBar, where I want to allow the user to tab
through the buttons and press Enter to activate the highlighted
button.  What events would I want to listen for?

If you're trying for accessibility, you need to be able to support
keyboard-only navigation, as is hinted at in the Flex accessibility
documentation.  However, when you read the details of the
accessibility documents, they talk about screen readers and ignore
keyboard-only navigation.

When you (not necessarily you personally, but the engineering team as
a whole) were programming Flex so that buttons would be automatically
highlighted when you tabbed to it, what were you intending that the
significance of that visual cue was supposed to be?

Thanks;

Amy