In order to get around this one, we ended up taking the PopUpButton
class code and making our own version of it...too many parts of it
were private and extending it to get rid of the problem was impossible.

If I get a second, I will try to upload some sample code to reproduce
the problem.  In my case I am popping up a menu.  The problem occurred
when I the popup closed after a menu click.