  From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave
Glasser
 Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 7:19 AM
 To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
 Subject: [flexcoders] Is String to Number conversion locale-specific?

        I'd like to know what effect a computer's locale might have on String
to Number conversion in AS3. Specifically, in locales that use a comma as a
decimal separator rather than a period, do the various conversion methods
(Number() function, parseNumber(), Number() class constructor) treat the comma
as a decimal separator? None of the documentation I've read addresses this
issue, and all of the examples use periods as the decimal separator. I suspect
that periods in strings will always be treated as decimal separators (and
that's the behavior I want) but I'd like to know for sure.

 PS, sorry that this is not a Flex-specific question, but I posted it to the
AS3 forum on Adobe.com yesterday, and it doesn't look like it's going to get a
response.