Have you tried setting the arguments that don't change on the Resize?

<mx:Resize heightFrom="400" heightTo="400"
widthFrom="300" widthTo="800"/>

There tends to be some jumpiness if you don't.

Regards,
Rob

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM, wwwpl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   I am developing a Flex application where I need to do some resize
> effects. I have 2 VBoxs side by side. They need to resize when a user
> clicks a button. I have been using states to do the resize effects,
> but I can not get it to look nice. I have tried a lot of effects and
> other things, but it doesn't look good.
>
> So I started to create a custom component that is based on the
> Accordion tween effects. Now it looks nice, but I am wondering why I
> could not get it to look nice with the resize or move effects. I
> applied a lot of the animation optimizations that I have found.

Regards,
Rob Rusher

Adobe Certified AIR, Connect, ColdFusion MX and Flex Instructor
m: 303-885-7044
im: robrusher