Another option would be to use WebORB. The more I look at what WebORB can
do, the easier it is to pick it over other servers.

We just had a WebORB presentation at our UG meeting on Tuesday. If you
haven't looked at, you should.

Regards,
Rob

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Anatole Tartakovsky <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   It is 10 - please check the source of the BlazeDS source - can be
> increased to few hundreds in your configuration but you might want to
> consider setting process affinity and set up LCDS 2.6 express NIO HTTP
> adapter to really scale it up. Other option is to modify BlazeDS code to not
> keep the connection and enable NIO adapter on WebContainer/ move connection
> management into the custom endpoint - then you can scale blazeDS up to few
> thousand connections.
> Regards,
> Anatole Tartakovsky
>
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>   I know there is a hardware imposed limitation to the number of BlazeDS
>> real-time streaming connections that you can establish. I've heard
>> it's in the hundreds, so I'm trying to see how many I can connect to
>> my server(WinXP Pro 64-bit with two 3GHz Xeon CPUs and 8GB of RAM).
>>
>> Oddly enough after the 10th client logs in, all subsequent logins
>> revert to a polling connection. Is there some limit on the number of
>> streaming connections you can have before they fall back to polling?
>> Something else I'm missing?
>>
>> BTW, even with polling I can establish 200 connections and the server
>> barely blinks except for an increase in CPU usage due to all of that
>> polling.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Geoff

Regards,
Rob Rusher

Adobe Certified AIR, Connect, ColdFusion MX and Flex Instructor
m: 303-885-7044
im: robrusher