Hi Josh,

With SSL there is no need to use proxies, you have to maintain the
direct link with the other side.
And the SSL/TLS implementation is quite simple - check the
certificate, generate the keys, exchange them and then just
send/receive encrypted messages.

There is only one problem with SSL - where to store the certificates.
You can't just put them into your code, as it will be an easiest way
to break in.
Possible solution is to establish usual session over an SSL connection
and then just download the keys/certificates using HTTPService call.
So, then you can use them over the XMLSocket.

Cheers,
Dmitri.

http://mitek.id.au/whingingpom