Actually, I stand corrected. Once I added in my port # to the
cross-domain...it worked. Thanks again gang! Big help!

<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="9080,8080"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security_04.html

> > When you run it locally, flashplayer won't do this.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is the reason.
> > Maybe you should call Security.loadPolicyFile() yourself and let the
> > server give it a correct respond.
> >

> > Josh McDonald wrote:
> > >
> > > It sounds to me like your server is simply holding the
connection for
> > > a few seconds in order to prevent brute-force password attacks.
> > >
> > > -Josh
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:23 AM, e_baggg <e_baggg@
> > > <mailto:e_baggg@>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     This is baffling me. For authentication reasons, I am doing
all my
> > >     HTTP traffic via a custom flash.net.Socket where I create and
> parse
> > >     the HTTP request/response myself (using Digest authorization).
> > >     Everything works fine when I run the generated html/swf files
> locally,
> > >     but once I deploy them to the unprotected part of a
webserver, the
> > >     response connection is not dropped by the server for several
> seconds.
> > >     I do a GET and receive the 401 immediately...send the same GET
> request
> > >     again with the Digest info. I receive the correct response
> from the
> > >     server immediately but the socket is not closed for 4 seconds
> by the
> > >     server. Has anyone seen this?
> > >
> > >     I have "Connection: close" in my request but the socket is
> still kept
> > >     open. If I access this URI via browser URL bar, the delay is not
> > >     there. I sniffed the packets and even if I mimic the request
> String
> > >     exactly, the socket still hangs for 4 seconds. I suspect I
am not
> > >     closing the socket request, though '\r\n\r\n' seems to be the
> standard
> > >     (and it works when it runs locally). Any ideas???
> > >
> > >     Here is my exact request that hangs though the 200 response is
> > >     received immediately:
> > >
> > >     GET /myapp/mydata.xml HTTP/1.1\r\n
> > >     Host: www.mydomain.com <http://www.mydomain.com>\r\n
> > >     Keep-Alive: 1\r\n
> > >     Connection: close\r\n
> > >     Cookie: JSESSIONID=8CCB32BBEDB875F082709FE17AA93679;\r\n
> > >     Authorization: Digest username="user1", realm="MYAPP",

nonce="MTIxMzEyODYwOTE0MDo1Njg5NTllYTUxMDYyN2VmNGNmMjViMTA4MDFiMDRjMA==",