--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "giopaia" <giopaia@> wrote:
> >
> > I have created a series of states
> > with a simple move transition between them...
> >
> > All worked fine until I added a tilelist as child
> > of one of the states. Now the move transition
> > doesn't start until the tilelist is initialized...
> >
> > Tried also to separate the addchildaction of the tilelist
> > using a sequence and trying to trigger the addchild action
> > before or after the move...
> >
> > <mx:Sequence>
> > <mx:AddChildAction
> >     target="{the_tileList}" />
> > <mx:Move duration="1000" />
> >
> > <!--<mx:AddChildAction
> >         target="{the_tileList}"/>-->
> > </mx:Sequence>
> >

> > BUT clearly the only thing that
> > it's moved backward or forward in time it's the actual
> > action of adding the child, not the initialization of it...
> > So... the freezing still occurs...
> >
> > Any idea how to avoid the freezing problem?
>
> Have you tried setting includeInLayout to false on the TileList until
> after the transition is finished?
>
> HTH;
>
> Amy

In this way I'm obliged to create all instances of the tilelists
before entering the states they are part of...
and it is a bit too much in terms of things to download...
but for now it works... and really well, the movement now it's smooth.
When I have time I'll try to dive into it to optimize it.

Thanks a lot.
Gio