Much better :-)

The DEACTIVATE had none of the ambiguity of the FOCUS_OUT.

I still had a problem simply closing the dialog when an item-editor was
active - seems like there were events
still queued which would NPE when they fired after the controls had been
deleted. But I worked around
that by using the deactivateHandler to raise a flag that told
focusOutHandler when it was safe to act.

Thanks,
- Glenn