I love the easy ones. Look into the Closing and Close events.
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/core/WindowedApplication.html

Daniel Gold wrote:
I'm working on an online/offline AIR app and was wondering if there was any way to detect that an AIR app is closing so I can cache my data models? If the user closes the app while online and then opens it later offline, I'd like them to have access to the last data set. I could achieve this by constantly mirroring the remote data but was hoping to avoid that since the majority of the time the users will be online and it won't be necessary.

--
Jeffry Houser
Flex, ColdFusion, AIR