So, let me get this straight....

You have a bunch of users out in the field collecting data with some
kind of datalogger. This datalogger exports its data as CSV.

You want to get this data into a MySQL database using Flex?
You already have a way of getting the data into MySQL and you want to
use Flex to display the data in various ways?

Maybe if you defined the workflow and what you want to use Flex for, I
would have a better idea on direction here.

We (kinda) have the same thing here. We have thousands of dataloggers
around the world that dump CSV files that are then pulled onto one
Linux server (Using various shell scripts). I then use Flex and PHP to
display the data in a useful fashion to my users.