I have never seen this done but you could probably download WebORB and
use its classes to serialize the data and then send a GET request to
weborb.php.

You would need to delve into the WebORB classes to figure out how it
de/serializes data it receives and returns and then implement that in
your own custom classes.

I don't see this as being an easy course.

If it were me, I would look into XML-RPC
(http://phpxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/  http://www.blackperl.com/RPC::XML/)

http://bigpondvideo.com/App/Remoting/gateway.php?PHPSESSID=e569b6985131970d7160f0ee8d605208