You could always extend ArrayCollection so that the extended-AC notifies its
bound objects when its Array source changes. It depends whether you want the
code change made to the 'source'  of the data (in which case you'd update the
AC, not the Array, as Tom mentioned), or the 'destination' (change the source
Array on extended-AC).

Joseph Balderson, Flash Platform Developer | http://joeflash.ca