Well, we're using Cairngorm on this project, so I think I'm going to use
Cairngorm events and commands and centralize this, instead of trying to
establish any tight coupling between components.  It's a control bar with
checkboxes effecting the view of another visual componet in another part of the
app.  Thanks everyone, great discussion.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations & Global Risk L&LD
eTools & Multimedia

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community
<blocked::http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/tlc/flash/default.aspx>

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning ideas and
technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog
<blocked::http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/ddc/rd/blog/default.aspx>
& subscribe
<blocked::http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/ddc/rd/blog/_layouts/SubNew.aspx?List=\{41BD3FC9-BB07-4763-B3AB-A6C7C99C5B8D\}&Source=http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/ddc/rd/blog/Lists/Posts/Archive.aspx>
 .