From: Craig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:00:53 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Help with ViewStack Event Listeners for Custom Components

My Viewstack does not make custom components active (they do not show
up with simple functions like this one...

vwChrt.selectedinde x=0;

vwChrt.selectedinde x=1;

I suspect I need to add Event Handlers, and would like some guidance.

My MXML code looks like this (shortened) - A viewstack surrounding two
custom components (panels)

<mx:ViewStack id="vwChrt"
creationPolicy= "queued" >

<mx:Panel id="lgCh" label="Long"
width="100%" height="100% ">
<comp:Charts id="Chart"
creationPolicy= "queued">
</comp:Charts>
</mx:Panel>

<mx:Panel id="shCh" title="Short"
width="100%" height="100% " >
<comp:ShortsChrt id="ShortChart"
creationPolicy= "queued">
</comp:ShortsChrt>
</mx:Panel>

</mx:ViewStack>

I am not sure how to use the following event listeners.

vwChrt.getChildAt( 0).addEventListe ner(FlexEvent. CREATION_ COMPLETE,
getLong);

vwChrt.getChildAt( 1).addEventListe ner(FlexEvent. CREATION_ COMPLETE,
getShort);

Can anyone offer any advice?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Craig