--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tom McNeer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks again for your help. But ...
>
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Tim Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   Ok, that makes sense.  One other thing that might be
contributing is:

> >> updateComplete="setGridHeight(event)"
> >>
> >> You might want to try:
> >>
> >> valueCommit="setGridHeight(event)"
> >>

> I removed any call to "setGridHeight" completely, but the loop
persists.

> Any other thoughts? Anyone?

I know this isn't going to be popular advice, but my experience is
that the List Base controls do a lot of stuff under the covers that
is only documented in about 4 peoples' heads.  Unless you're dealing
with huge data sets, you may find that switching to a repeater saves
you a lot of headaches.  I have a rule that if I ask on here for 3
days with no solution, I switch to a repeater, since I am typically
not working with large data sets.

I think that some of the extra calls you're getting to your function
are the "invisible" controls that get built for scrolling purposes.

HTH;

Amy