From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Charlie Hubbard
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 12:44 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Stump the Flex Nerd: Getting reference to the set
method of a property

Ok, I think I've got a pretty difficult question here.  I want to the
setter method given a string containing the name of a property.  With
normal methods I can always do something like obj.myFunction to get a
reference to that function, then I can invoke that function with a
func.call().  However, if you do obj.someProperty that calls the get
method.   I already tried obj[ propertyName ] which returned null so
that's out.

It's almost like you need another language feature.  obj->property= and
obj->property for ( reference to setter and getter of this property).

Charlie