Ok thanks. That page does come up for "HTTPservice example" and it is a
good example, but I overlooked it because it is not a simple example. I
have spent so much of my life looking at so many examples that turn out
to be way too complicated to have any meaning at all that I generally
disregard examples that are not REAL simple.

I can always find the langref page and I don't know what is so hard
about putting a simple example on the langref page or linking from the
langref page to a page with a simple example,  If they  did that 3/4 of
the posts on this group would not be necessary.

I'm not trying to cause a problem, its just that I'm coming from years
of numerous complete nervous breakdowns from trying to figure out even
the simplest things about Flex. Its a lot better than it used to be, and
thank god for this group, but I still don't understand the aversion to
simple examples.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/rpc/http/mxml/HTTPService.html