Hey Amy great getting an email from you. Man I guess you
   paid google : every time I search anything regarding ADG you
   blog pops up. :-) Thanks for taking time to share that with us.

   As I found all your examples are addressing the whole row,
   I needed something for individual cells. I tried to work
   with your code and put the itemrenderer in ADGColumn but
   did not work accordingly. My requirement is very simple: all
   my ADGColumn will have the same itemrenderer and if the
   Column source has a nonempty string it will put the background
   color else leave it as is.

   Regards....