Shared code problem.  See my blog

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Guilherme Blanco
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:19 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Error #1034: Type Coercion failed.... how to
solve?

Hi all,

I'm in troubles here... researching the internet furiously while post it
here.
I have in my application that loads a module and instantiate it inside
an instance of class core.controls.ModalDialog, class that I wrote
extended from TitleWindow.

The source is really simple... here is the implementation of module load
event:

protected function handleCreateCompanyModuleLoad(event:ModuleEvent):void
{
var dialog:ModalDialog =
ModalDialog(PopUpManager.createPopUp(Application(Application.application
),
ModalDialog, true));

// Dialog customization
dialog.title = "Create Company";
dialog.width = 450;
dialog.height = 270;
dialog.showCloseButton = true;

// Dialog content customization
var ui:* = event.module.factory.create();
dialog.addChild(ui);
}

One of the buttons inside the module closes the ModalDialog, which
should be accessible through this.parent or this.owner. Since I know
I'm always inside of it, I cast the property to prevent Flex from
popping my errors...

<mx:Button label="Cancel" click="close();"/>

protected function close():void
{
//ModalDialog(parent).close();
ModalDialog(owner).close();
}

Everytime I execute the code and click in the "Cancel" button... it
throws this runtime error:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
core.controls::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to core.controls.ModalDialog.

Any ideas how do I solve this?

PS: Inside the application module (it's 100% modular) I already
imported the ModalDialog and inside the module too.... researching the
internet I saw someone telling that missing this might be a problem
(solved the requester' issue), but didn't have any effect for me...

[]s,

--
Guilherme Blanco - Web Developer
CBC - Certified Bindows Consultant