You might be able to embed it.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of edlueze
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:22 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Bake XML File into ActionScript

Hi Randy - thanks for the feedback!

I was hoping to find a way to preserve the XML file without
contaminating it with the "private var novel:XML = " bit. That way I
can create the XML file using my favorite XML generator (and use a
validating XSD schema to make sure everything is correct). When the
XML file looks good I can simply drop it into my Flex project -
overriding the previous XML file - and everything should just compile.

That approach would work if I was working in MXML using the <mx:XML
id="MyBooks" source="books.xml"/> tag. I was hoping there was an
equivalent way to do it when working purely with ActionScript .as files.

Any ideas?

, "Randy Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can include an ActionScript file in it's own script block. Then
in the
> .as file, you could just have the XML defined and nothing else.
>
> // put this in books.as -- or whatever filename you choose
> private var novel:XML = <BOOK><TITLE>My Book</TITLE></BOOK>;
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
layout="absolute">