--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Nel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> you could compile with the -keep option to see what is output
underneath the
> covers.
> and then what i think might be the case
> pure speculation follows
> consider that the mxml gets converted to as. now in mxml you could
have
> <something event="{a=1}"
> or
> <something event="function(event,'sdfdsf')"
> or...
> now if i was to write a converter for something like this i would
wrap the
> function which invokes whatever the user specified (i am not
certain if this
> is the case) in order to make my approach as flexible as possible

One difference between adding a listener inline and adding a listener
in AS3 is that inline you have a choice of arguments...you can have
no argument, an arbitrary argument, or send the event.  In AS3, the
event is always passed.   If your function doesn't expect to get the
event as its one and only argument, you will get a runtime error.

This does imply that whatever goes on in addEventListener, it is way
stricter than what happens when you add the listener inline.  It
would be nice if the finer points were documented.

HTH;

Amy