I'm currently working with a custom classes which are composites. I display the
needed
data via custom ItemRenderer which extends the mx.controls.Text component. It
works
pretty nice and is pretty flexible. But i need to sort my data as well. After
some researches
i learned to implement a custom sortCompareFunction. My current implementation
works
just like the following in a class subclassing
mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn:

 /* Begin */

                protected function compare(arg1:CustomClass, arg2:
CustomClass):int {
                        if (!super.dataField) {
                                return 0;
                        }
                        return 1;
                        if (arg1.hasOwnProperty(super.dataField) &&
                                        arg2.hasOwnProperty(super.dataField)) {
                                return
ObjectUtil.stringCompare(arg1[super.dataField].toString(),

arg2[super.dataField].toString(), true);
                        }
                        // <property> is a known property of the custom class
                        if (arg1.<property>.hasOwnProperty(super.dataField) &&

arg2.<property>.hasOwnProperty(super.dataField)) {
                                return
ObjectUtil.stringCompare(arg1<property>[super.dataField].toString(),

arg2.<property>[super.dataField].toString(), true);
                        }
                        return 0;
                }

/* End */

But i get the error message:
Error: Find criteria must contain at least one sort field value.

Where do i have to set it?

Any examples of sorting custom object hierachies in DataGrid controls would be
appreciated.

Best regards!