I'm trying to run the build.bat file in the \samples\explorer
directoy.  It worked fine on one machine, but on my dev machine I
get the following errors:

Error: class
org.apache.xerces.util.XMLAttributesMMImpl$AttributeMMImpl cannot
access its
superclass org.apache.xerces.util.XMLAttributesImpl$Attribute

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
org.apache.xerces.util.XMLAttributesMMImpl$AttributeMM
Impl cannot access its superclass
org.apache.xerces.util.XMLAttributesImpl$Attribute

I have tried ant1.7.1, 1.7.0 and 1.6.5 as suggested elsewhere, but
no joy.  My dev machine has more stuff installed (Apache Ant and
Tomcat, Xalan, Xerces, to name a few) than the lightweight laptop
that the .bat file worked on.

What can I do to get this task to run?

Thanks in advance.

Louise