Ok, I'm trying to get a firm grasp on AS3 components/classes.  I'm
trying to figure out how to structure code so I can optimize code
re-use.

What is the life of a component/class in a flex application?

In other words...

If I have a main.mxml that calls another class like logins.mxml, is that
class in existence only while it's called?  Once the event hits to call
it back is the class still alive?  It looks like it kills it from memory
but I'm not 100% sure.

Take the following examples...

MainClass.mxml

|--------subclass1.mxml

|--------subclass2.mxml

|     |----subclass2a.mxml

If MailClass.mxml calls subclass1.mxml, completes and then calls
subclass2.mxml which calls subclass2a.mxml, what are the lives of these
classes?

Also, do I need to be worrying about cleanup or is that handled
automatically?

I hope I'm explaining this well....