Hi Florence,

Thanks for sending that along... we are missing a clear error message for
whatever your problem is - sorry about that.  I have tried a few things here to
try and get that exact error and can't seem to reproduce it here myself either.

There are two ways to get configuration into the Flex client.  You can either
compile your Flex app directly against the "services-config.xml" file and it
will compile in a subset of the server's configuration into the player, or if
you define a ChannelSet on the client you can download the config at runtime
after the client connects.

It appears that you are getting the configuration at runtime, not compile time
so probably if you set the option to compile against services-config.xml this
will either start working or at least give you a clearer error message about
some configuration that is missing for the "insync" destination (using the
command line compiler, it is the -services option, or it is settable as a
project option in flex builder).

>From the logs you sent, I see it connecting successfully but it looks like it
>is getting an empty definition of the "insync" destination - i.e. no
>properties, no <metadata> and no identity attribute all of which would be
>required for a valid DMS destination.   You can see exactly what XML the
>client gets by looking at the variable:

  Import mx.messaging.config.ServerConfig

  trace(ServerConfig.xml);

We use that variable both to store any compiled in destinations as well as to
populate destinations after connect time so doing that "trace" before and after
you get the error would tell me exactly what the client is seeing for that
destination.   I suspect insync is maybe getting put in there but without a

Another possible thing that could cause this is that there is an error
initializing that destination on the server at startup.   To check on that
possibility, make sure to check your server's logs for errors and possibly add
"Message.*" and "Service.*" targets to the services-config.xml's logging
section and set level="Debug" there to get more info.

Sorry for the difficulties getting this working.  Please let me know if you do
find the problem so I can improve our error messages.

Jeff