Here is an example of tile containers with zoom
http://reenie.org/test/tilezoom/zoomtest.html

This example uses a canvas for each tile but the canvas only goes to
200% of its original size.
How would I do this  effect to get  a 100% of the application percentage
width ?

In the following Effect, toValue="100%" is not allowed

<mx:Parallel id="tileScaleUp" >
        <mx:AnimateProperty property="scaleX"  toValue="2"
duration="1000"  />
        <mx:AnimateProperty property="scaleY"  toValue="2"
duration="1000"  />
    </mx:Parallel>