At 12:07 PM 8/1/2005, Robert McGwier wrote:
Please visit this page
http://www.audioscience.com/internet/products/sound_cards/soundcards.htm
to see that none have more than 4 analog.
Bob
4 stereo inputs for some, which would be the 8 channels.. ASI6244 or
ASI6044 or ASI5042
No idea how much they cost, though.
Frank Brickle wrote:
Jim --
The AudioScience <http://www.audioscience.com> interfaces (high-quality
stuff aimed at broadcast apps) have Linux drivers. All of their gadgets
have at least 4 playback streams; a number of them have 8 simultaneous
input paths as well. If your computer is up to it I believe you can use
them with Ardour (lots of memory and fast disk).
For the multichannel recording problem, an ADAT or any of the standalone
DAW boxes would do what you want, but getting the data onto your Linux
box could be an issue. The most direct solution might be to use one of
the Yamaha or Roland multichannel FireWire/USB2 dongles and simply grab
up the data and downsample yourself.
In some ways, given the costs associated with any of these lashups, it
sounds like you might almost be better off with a USRP.
73
Frank
AB2KT
Jim Lux wrote:
I'm looking for (inexpensive) multichannel audio interfaces that can
handle 6 or 8 simultaneous signals, preferably with synchronous
clocking. The Delta 44 does 4 channels, I think. Is there something
that does 8?
I've got 4 SDR1000s in an array, and I want to capture all I/Q's
together for testing and offline algorithm development. No real time
processing needed yet, just dump to a file. However, if someone has a
way to capture all the audio on one machine, then feed the streams out
to separate PCs for individual processing, that would be good too.
And, for another application, I'm looking for a self contained 4-8
channel audio recorder that can acquire several minutes (5-10) of audio,
then be able to dump it to a PC via USB. This one can be fairly low fi
(8 kHz is probably ok), but does neet to have the channels time registered.
James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Mail Stop 161-213
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075
fax: (818)393-6875
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Mail Stop 161-213
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075
fax: (818)393-6875