What seems like the final scaling problem in the receive chain was discovered and repaired today. Eric did a nice job of setting up a test scenario and giving it to me and it took about five minutes to figure out the bug. If we take in a level 1.0 power tone, in the passband, we would like to get a level 1.0 output for all inputs inside the AGC range. We do now. Before this scaling problem was discovered, we got amplitude 0.5 or 6 dB less power out from the DSP than we put in. The issue is that we assured power 1.0 except in the very last step, when we threw away the imaginary part to send the reals to the speakers. DUMB.

Eric tested with 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 inputs and we got that as outputs with 0 dB gain in the AGC and got that out.. With 20 dB gain in the AGC, 0.01 produce 1.0 to within a few hundredths.

Sorry for the low audio output.

Bob
N4HY