Apparently, I out-voted myself somehow. I couldn't find any free
Subversion hosters quickly - N8VB's suggestion never answered my browser
- so I went ahead and applied for and received a SourceForge project. I
just got it today and I haven't run one of these before, but I've used
them a moderate amount. They are certainly the Big Mozilla of Open
Software hosting. CVS, unfortunately, but one can't have everything.

I cast the request as someplace where we could start with an Open, i.e.,
GPL, VHDL for a replacement PIO board for the SDR-1000, but suggested to
the powers-that-be that all of PowerSDR might wind up there if folks
want it to. As long as all that software remains under the GPL, that
should be ok with them.

The Project seems to come with a CVS server, a Web server -
http://softwareradio.sourceforge.net [I haven't put anything there yet.]
- access to compile farms, project forums, and a whole lot of tools I
haven't had a chance to look at yet. It may take a day or so for the
domain name to percolate out into DNS land. The Project name is Software
Radios, which was not the best choice since there seems to also be a
Software Radio project. Oh, well.

So, any interest is using this resource?

        Chris
        AE6VK

P.S. - I won't give up on Subversion, but use it on my own machine and
check code in periodically into the SourceForge CVS.