I like this approach and would appreciate being able to see some data
like this.  However, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents here.  An even
bigger issue than having "just" a 1GHz processor is: What processes are
running at the same time as the PowerSDR software?  We have seen
instances where two people running similar specced computers (same CPU
speed, same amount of ram, same OS, etc) got very different PowerSDR
results because of what OTHER software was loaded and running on the
machine.  If you have other sources competing for the CPU, you may
experience artifacts that wouldn't otherwise be there.

I'll leave the issue of what to remove and what is necessary to someone
else to decide, but it is a good idea to know what processes are running
on your computer.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

He