From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Newberry
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:34 AM
To: FlexRadio List/Reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] HF Amp Installation

I'm installing the HF amp and have a question.  The Amp Install manual says to remove D7, D8 and R9 (on the PIO brd), and then later, to add a wire to their common connection, with a 2 pin molex conn. at the other end, tied to pin #2,  Where does that connector go?  [Gerald Youngblood] This wire goes from the common connection of the aforementioned components on the PIO board and connects to J3 on the RFE board (2-pin header).  This becomes the data line for the A/D converter on the PA board that reads the forward and reflected power.

In one of the manual's photos, I see a single white wire on a 2 pin connector going to J3 on the RFE brd, but its on pin #1 (not #2 as instructed in the Amp Install man.), identified as ATU FB .  The enclosure wiring shows a wire from the PIO to the RFE, but doesn't give the actual connections.  If someone could clear me up on this, I'd appreciate it.[Gerald Youngblood] It should connect to the terminal closest to the 12-pin connector.  Pin-1 is the correct pin number.  I will see that the documentation is corrected in the future.

Thanks and 73,
Don,
WD4EGF