Hi Eric:

Here is another idiosynchrosy with the AM mode.  Regardless of the power
out setting, when i turn up the mike inout on any software version, with or
without a mike connected to the delta44, i get an intermittant wavering of the
carrier up to 30 percent. It looks like perhaps there is a very low frequency
or
dc component coming out of the sound card that is modulating the carrier.
I tried altering the eq and low end on the transmit tab with no effect.

If I change the delta44 inout hardware setting to  +4 it almost goes away. If I
set the transmit threshold to 25 it seems to stop it also

This does not happen on ssb or dsb or fm modes.  This happens with two
different delta44 cards.

A cure might be to put a very low frequency highpass filter in the software
(say 10 hz cutoff) wherever the mike input control comes from.

Bill Nagle

[EMAIL PROTECTED]