I’m curious about how the CW function works.  There are times when it works great and then… The problem seems to be with the buffer.  At times I can only type in characters during signal breaks.  Other times I can type continuously.  It doesn’t seem to matter what the power level is nor the amount of text in the buffer awaiting transmission.  I’ve monitored the CPU usage through the Windows Task Manager, but I haven’t seen any indication that there is a correlation there. I’m not fast enough to switch over to my keyer so I would like to figure out how to work around this- Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard KE5DLQ