-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert McGwier
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:12 AM
To: FlexRadio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Preview 15 quirky thing (bug?)

Tim:

Think of it this way:  You have opened the channel on both ends of
Mono.    MixW is running and expects mono.   You are not allowed to
change only one end of the cable.  The cable itself (VAC) is refusing
the connection because of the incompatibility.  This has never been
allowed.  We could do all of this completely automatically if only VAC
would report the restricted allowable set of connections determined by
the other end of the cable.

If the application, such as MixW is attached to "microsoft mapper" and a
pair of VAC cables are assigned to the input and output (record, play)
in the system sound settings,  then you can have different settings,
this will also work BUT ONLY if you have PowerSDR started, running, make
no changes, etc before you start MixW.

I know all of this is confusing but it really shouldn't be.

a) If the cables are the system default
b) If the settings on the two ends of the cable are different
c) If the soundcard program uses system default as the sound card

THEN

the settings on the ends of the cables MAY be different <<< BUT ONLY>>>
if PowerSDR is started first and left running.

Bob

Tim Ellison wrote:
> I just noticed this:
>
> VAC Mono/Stereo selection - I can engage and disengage the mono/stereo

> option without crashing PowerSDR, but if MixW is running at the same
> time, I receive an "PortAudio Error - Unanticipated Host error".
> PowerSDR recovers and does not crash.
>

> -Tim
> ---
> Tim Ellison <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Integrated Technical Services
> <http://www.itsco.com/> Apex, NC USA
> 919.674.0044 Ext. 25 / 919.674.0045 (FAX)
> 919.215.6375 - cell
> Skype: kg4rzy

> Archive Link:
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/pipermail/flexradio_flex-radio.biz/
> FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

NJQRP/AMQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC. ARRL SDR Wrk Grp Chairman Laziness is
the number one inspiration for ingenuity.  Guilty as charged!