-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Loen
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:39 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Build Process Woes

This evening, I decided to do a little experimenting with the source.
 Forgive me if this repeats something I should have remembered from
earlier postings, but it isn't working well.

To obtain some structure (as opposed to just doing random source file
reading), I thought I'd build the project and get a flavor for what's
what and where.

I chose to start with the just released preview 16 source in no small
part because of comments made that the checkin/checkout form was not
necessarily stable.  With the released beta, I thought, I could start
with a beta release which (historically) are pretty stable.

Long ago, it was claimed (then, at least) that it was only necessary to
obtain the Visual C# IDE because the C/C++ code would be compilable
(albeit sans IDE) with just that one component of Visual Studio.  This
is what I had done, therefore, and that's what I tried to use.  I see
scattered references to Borland's compiler -- I have a fairly recent
version of that, also, if it comes to it.

The most obvious place (seemingly) in the rebuild process to start was
in the PowerSDR.sln file under "Source".

When I opened it, however, it complained that (as near as I could tell)
all the projects were missing (despite seeming to be there).

DttSp.vcproj
PA19.vcproj
PortTalk.vcproj
pthread.vcproj
fftw_wisdom.vcproj

Do I have to find and patch some sort of path data in the project?  Or,
should I move everything to some known c:\something and start again?

When I tried the build, everything quickly and briefly failed:

------ Build started: Project: PowerSDR, Configuration: Debug .NET
------

Preparing resources...
Updating references...
Performing main compilation...
C:\PERSONAL\Ham\FlexRadio\PowerSDR_Beta_v1.4.5_Preview_16_Source\PowerSD
R\Source\Console\console.cs(45,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace
name 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are
you missing an assembly reference?)
C:\PERSONAL\Ham\FlexRadio\PowerSDR_Beta_v1.4.5_Preview_16_Source\PowerSD
R\Source\Console\paddle.cs(31,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace
name 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are
you missing an assembly reference?)
C:\PERSONAL\Ham\FlexRadio\PowerSDR_Beta_v1.4.5_Preview_16_Source\PowerSD
R\Source\Console\paddle.cs(32,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace
name 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are
you missing an assembly reference?)
C:\PERSONAL\Ham\FlexRadio\PowerSDR_Beta_v1.4.5_Preview_16_Source\PowerSD
R\Source\Console\paddle.cs(38,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace
name 'JoystickState' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\PERSONAL\Ham\FlexRadio\PowerSDR_Beta_v1.4.5_Preview_16_Source\PowerSD
R\Source\Console\paddle.cs(39,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace
name 'Device' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or
an assembly reference?)

Build complete -- 5 errors, 0 warnings
Building satellite assemblies...
Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output
is missing.

---------------------- Done ----------------------

    Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

I also tried to rebuild the PowerSDR project under "console" with
similar results.

I am using the following version:

Microsoft Visual C# .NET   69458-006-1946152-18767

. . .which is also Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version
7.1.3088 with .Net framework 1.1 Version 1.1.4322

I did not consider myself doing anything exotic here.  What should I be
doing different?

Larry  WO0Z