-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of inspections
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 7:42 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Excuse my ignorance but...

I've been reading the mail here for a while before deciding to buy the
SDR1K, and one thing puzzles me.
There is virtually no discussion on actual use of the radio, by that I
mean do any of you operate on air ?
All discussion is software related, which is after all what defines the
radio, but as someone who is a radio operator first, and antenna
experimenter second and computer literate about 15th on the list, there
is little to help someone like myself understand the operation of the
radio.
This isnt a negative comment as I'm sure this list is probably one at
the cutting edge of ham radio technology, but rather a request for
someone to post about actual use once in a while then I might understand
more than the 5% I do at present !!
Or is there another list that covers my queries ?
I suppose if I bought the SDR1K then I would learn as I went along, I'm
just concerned there may be too much to learn to actually use the radio
.
Keep up the good work, but remember not every Ham is a computer genius.
Some of us just like to operate the radio !!
73 de Keith  VK6XH