-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of root [knesbitt]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:47 AM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] High-Resolution Clock on AMD64 / nVidia nForce

Curious if people have run the Performance Counter Query Tool
http://lightconsulting.com/~thalakan/perf.exe
<http://lightconsulting.com/%7Ethalakan/perf.exe>
to determine whether their motherboard and chipset supports the high
resolution clock.
I'm particularly interested in the results obtained from users of AMD
Athlon64 motherboards using the newer nVidia nForce4 or nForce 430
chipset.
My new board seems to be indicating a clock frequency of only 3579545 hz
in spite of nVidia's claim to adhere to the ACPI 2.0 standard. My
understanding, if I read the SDR-1000 manual correctly, is you must see
a clock frequency approaching the clock rate of the CPU, in other words
in the Ghz range to be compliant with ACPI 2.0, and thus capable of
utilizing "high-resolution timing" in the PowerSDR cw setup (a must).
Are all new boards not created equal? Appreciate hearing which boards do
report the higher clock speeds.

Kirb,  VE6IV