Alan K2WS demonstrated the horrendous broadband noise coming from a very
expensive Audigy 2ZS card by using the spectrum display of his IC-7800
     http://www.n9vv.com/K2WS.html  He dumped the Audigy and bought a
nice Delta-66 that has continued to delivery great performance and a
clean TX signal.
de ken n9vv