Jeff Anderson wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Regarding my hardware:  I ordered the computer as well as the radio
> simultaneously from Flex (who purhcased the PC from Dell), and I've added no
> additional hardware (memory, etc.) to it with the exception of a 2-Wire USB
> wireless adapter.  From my PC's System Control Panel:
>   Dell Optiplex 170L
>   Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz.
>   3.19 GHz, 512MB of RAM.
>
> The soundcard is the Delta 44.
>
> The computer is used *only* for the SDR1K, it really has had minimial
> software added to it.  OS is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 w/Service
> Pack 2.
>
> I've seen this problem occur with both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 releases (and of
> course, with my own console which is based upon the 1.6.1 code), but not the
> 1.4.4 release.

You might think it fairly innocuous, but the 2-Wire USB wireless adapter
might be causing all your problems.
Did you test the 1.4.4 release with the wireless adapter.
To put it in perspective, on a laptop I have, if I use the serial port
at 9600 baud, some characters are lost with the wireless enabled.
So, if characters are lost on a low speed interface like 9600 baud
serial port, I would expect this to have rather bad implications for low
latency audio.

James