Apologies.   Tune Performance was left out of my list inadvertently.

Bob



John L Merrill wrote:
> Bob:
> What version of windows are you using? I have a couple of more choices after
> All Tasks. I suspect Tune Performance would be the next choice. I'm using XP
> SP2 Home.
>
> John N1JM 
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert McGwier
> Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:14 AM
> To: FlexRadio
> Subject: [Flexradio] Improved system response
>
> I have improved my system response after noticing cisvc.exe being the
> program that cause momentary spikes in activity.
>
> I opened control panel,  administrative tools,  computer management.
>
> I expanded services and applications, right click on indexing service and
> then selected All Tasks.
>
> I chose "Custom" as my setting and set both of them to lowest possible
> setting that can be called running and I no longer have the hot spots.
>
> This service shortens the time to search your hard drive for a file in
> windows explorer.  I am happy to have it indexing but I want it to crawl and
> only when I am not busy.
>
> Bob
>   


-- 
AMSAT VP Engineering. Member: ARRL, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP/AMQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC. ARRL SDR Wrk Grp Chairman
Time for a new motto, what should I choose?


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to