On 7/13/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If not, again, I suggest a $35 UB502 or a $50 UB802 to provide a noise free,
> well isolated,  pre amp for that mic w/ EQ with your new lowered SDR- Gain
> Setting.
>
Ditto!  My dynamic mic simply does not have enough gain for direct
connection.  On the other hand, my large diaphragm condenser does, but
it's just a hot mic.  With my preamp and other gear, I run the mic
level on the SDR at 25 for 0dB on the mic level meter.  I also check
the M-Audio level to make sure it does not go into the yellow on the
bar graph,  I adjust the outboard gear to just hit the top of the
green, then adjust the mic level in the console for 0dB peaks.  I also
have my input level on the Delta-44 set to +4dB for INS 3/4 with this
setup.

Again, I also run my audio directly to the sound card (Delta-44 in my
case).  I see no reason to run it to the 8 pin plug on the SDR box,
unless your mic has PTT, etc.  Just extra wire in the path.  This was
suggested to me by the good folks at Flex before I even got my rig.

Glad you got rid of the hummmm John.  You are getting there, and when
you do, you will be a happy camper with the audio the SDR1K can
produce if you set everything as it should be.

73
Brian / w5ami

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to