From the FLex Radio Bug Tracker #394, currently running
PowerSDR 1.6.3 SVN 620, I did the suggestion of changing:

Delta 44 control panel,
Hardware Settings,
DMA Buffer Size
Latency from 256 to 512

This helped somewhat, but changing it to 1024 reduced
the popping/crackling, even in Histogram.  In Panadapter,
my CPU is < 10%.

This brings up the questions

What should my PowerSDR Setup Sound Card Buffer Size be
(presently 2048)?

What should my PowerSDR Setup DSP Buffer Size be (presently
1024)?


Mike - AA8K




Paul Shaffer wrote:
> I sent a support email to flex today about a similar problem, no answer. I 
> find that with 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 there is an annoying poping sound in the 
> audio. I think it is related to something in the bitmap refresh code. They 
> must have changed how the window is redrawn or something. It is most 
> noticeable when you drag another window over the SDR1000 main window. The 
> processor counter goes to near 100% on my system. I mostly hear it on AM 
> reception, I don't know if it happens with wav files.
> 
> In 1.6.0, the redraw might not be as clean as in 1.6.1+, the processor also 
> goes to near 100%, but there is no audio poping. Perhaps it's a case of 
> tweaking the UI drawing code, but inadvertently affecting the DSP audio 
> chain. 
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to