Hi guys, thanks for getting Barry rolling here.  I was tied up in the UHF 
contest over the weekend, so I was not able to respond...

One other tip.... (no pun intended)

I happen to use a bencher paddle and outboard hardware keyer, so it is 
essentially a straight key.

When I bumped the paddle, it would put the rig into TX....Something I dont 
like unless Im doing break-in.  It would also do it in SSB mode, not good. 
So I noticed that one of my SDR setups did not do this.  What I came to find 
out was that the ones that did it, were connected TIP/Sleeve..the one that 
did not was connected Ring/Sleeve.

So I switched them all to Ring/Sleeve and no more accidental Transmissions 
when I bump my paddles.

I dont know if this is documented as a feature, would be intresting if 
someone else would verify this, as I was told that there was no way to fix 
it.

73

Mike - KM0T

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike Naruta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Barry VE4MA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Straight Key Operation


> Sorry Barry, I was wrong.
> I think I'll stop trying to answer
> questions on the reflector.
>
> For straight key operation you connect to
> either the Tip or Ring and the other
> connection is the Sleeve.
> 

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to